Due to the growing population of job seekers in the country, UAE employers receive a large number of applications for their job postings. They have the daunting task of shortlisting only a few candidates who they can call for a face-to-face interview. Ideally, they would like this to be done in the shortest amount of time.
This means that employers do not have time to go through each CV in detail. So, candidates have to keep in mind certain criteria that each recruiter or employer will have in order to shortlist the CV.
There are some important things that an employer looks for in an application:
- Whether or not your resume is professionally developed.
- Your education and experience should meet the job requirement.
- Skills and achievements should be clearly highlighted.
- References must be available if the employer wishes to conduct a background check.
Apart from these, there are certain factors that can put a red flag in the mind of an employer. It is best to avoid the following in your CV:
- No Job Role or Achievements: This is one of the first things an employer looks for in your CV. If you miss it then your application is rejected immediately.
- Extremely wordy – avoid filling your CV with unnecessary information. Focus on what is important to you to get the job you are applying for.
- Language and Grammatical Mistakes – Make sure the tone of writing is correct and consistent throughout the CV.
- Inconsistent Formatting – Make sure the fonts, bullets, and text size used are the same throughout the CV so that it looks professional.
Only once you pass the preliminary screening will you be considered for the telephonic interview or the first round of interviews. Some employers also upload the CV to an applicant tracking system (ATS) which removes all formatting. Here, it becomes even more essential that your content is on point and in the right order.
Professional CV writers can be of great help to you in making sure that your CV is capable of getting through the ATS system. There are many CV writing services in Dubai and other emirates to help you shortlist and guarantee an interview call.
Also Read – Why to hire a CV writing expert in Dubai?